Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Nova Scotia Marine Industry Conference 2013

The Nova Scotia Boatbuilders Association is hosting their Marine Industry Conference 2013 in Halifax, NS, on March 7th and 8th. The venue is the Lord Nelson Hotel and Suites.

I am honoured to have been invited at the recent IBEX to be one of the speakers at this Canadian event. My allotted subject is "Designing for Strength in Lightweight Plywood Boats". I will cover the detailing that I have developed and found to be successful, as well as some of the designs that I have drawn for my construction methods.

All of these methods and designs are suitable for either professional or amateur builders and produce boats that are fast and light.

So, if you are in the Canadian Maritime Provinces and are interested in plywood boats that you can build for yourself and which perform well, please come to the conference to hear what I have to say and see what I have to show. I look forward to meeting you and talking boats.

Paper Jet with small rig on Chesapeake Bay. Judge her speed by the distance from the transom to the rooster tail

Didi 38 "Black Cat" at the start of a trans-Atlantic race, Cape Town to Rio de Janeiro
  Please visit us at http://dixdesign.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment