Friday, August 29, 2014

Port Townsend Wooden Boat Festival Reminder

I wrote recently about the Wooden Boat Festival in Port Tonsend, WA. That happens next weekend, from Friday 5th to Sunday 7th September. This is the biggest wooden boat event in the world and is in its 38th year. It comprises 300 boats on display on land or in the water, 120 presentations on a wide range of subjects related to building, owning and looking after wooden boats, as well as dozens of exhibitors showing the products that you need for your boat.

My own presentation will be on the subject of "Plywood Boatbuilding Methods" and will be in the Discovery Room of the NorthWest Maritime Center building. It will be the first session of the day, from 10h45 to 11h45.

A few owners or builders of my boats have said that they will be there to attend my talk, which I will illustrate with PowerPoint. I will discuss the various methods for building plywood boats with which I am experienced, as well as plywood sheet jointing methods and plywood kits. If there is time I will also answer whatever questions about plywood boatbuilding that you may care to ask.

If you can't make it to my session but will be at the Festival later, I will be there for the duration and available to meet when I am not involved with something or someone else. David Blessing will have his Didi Mini "Segue" on display and will be able to contact me so that we can arrange a meeting.

I look forward to this great event as a wonderful opportunity to meet with other lovers of wooden boats.

To see our range of wooden and other boat designs, please visit http://dixdesign.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment